Looking for some shows to binge-watch this year? If you’re a fan of lgbtq+ television series and are specifically interested in lesbian content, we’ve got you covered. In this comprehensive guide, we will introduce you to some of the top lesbian shows that you should definitely watch in 2021.
Representation matters, and these shows do a fantastic job of showcasing diverse and authentic womxn-loving-womxn stories. From heartfelt dramas to captivating thrillers, there’s something for everyone on this list.
Whether you’re looking for a light-hearted comedy or a powerful drama that tackles important social issues, these lesbian shows have it all. Get ready to be immersed in their compelling storylines, complex characters, and powerful performances. So, grab your popcorn, get comfortable, and let’s dive into the world of lesbian television!
Must-Watch Lesbian Television Shows
If you’re looking for some binge-worthy series that prominently feature lesbian characters and storylines, this list of must-watch lesbian television shows is for you. These shows have gained popularity for their representation of diverse LGBT communities and their captivating storytelling. Whether you’re a member of the LGBT community or an ally, these shows provide a great way to explore lesbian experiences and relationships on the small screen.
1. Orphan Black: This science fiction thriller series follows the lives of several women who discover they are clones. One of the main characters, Cosima, is a lesbian and her relationship with her girlfriend Delphine is a central storyline throughout the series.
2. The L Word: Considered a classic among lesbian shows, The L Word is a drama series that explores the lives and relationships of a group of diverse, successful, and vibrant lesbian women living in Los Angeles. It has been praised for its honest depiction of lesbian culture and relationships.
3. Orange Is the New Black: This critically acclaimed series is set in a women’s prison and features an ensemble cast of diverse characters. The relationship between Piper Chapman and Alex Vause, both women, is a major plotline throughout the series.
4. Gentleman Jack: Based on the real-life diaries of Anne Lister, this historical drama series tells the story of a remarkable lesbian lady. Set in 19th-century England, Anne Lister seeks to restore her family’s estate and finds herself entangled in numerous passionate relationships with women.
5. Wynonna Earp: This supernatural western series is known for its strong female characters, including a lesbian relationship between Waverly Earp and Nicole Haught. The show combines action, humor, and heartfelt moments to create a unique and entertaining viewing experience.
6. Feel Good: This British comedy-drama series follows the life of a stand-up comedian named Mae who is recovering from addiction. The show explores Mae’s complicated relationship with her girlfriend, George, as she navigates recovery and the challenges of love.
These shows are available to stream on various platforms, so grab your popcorn and settle in for some quality television that showcases the diverse experiences of the lesbian community.
There are several groundbreaking series that have brought LGBTQ+ representation to the forefront of mainstream television. These shows have not only entertained audiences but also provided much-needed visibility and representation for the lesbian and womxn-loving community. Here are some top lesbian shows that you should definitely stream and binge in 2021.
1. “Orange is the New Black”
One of the most popular and influential shows of the past decade, “Orange is the New Black” is a must-watch for anyone interested in LGBTQ+ representation. The series follows the lives of a diverse group of women in a minimum-security prison, and it explores themes of identity, sexuality, and community. The show features a number of well-developed lesbian characters and tackles important issues such as coming out, homophobia, and gender identity.
2. “The L Word: Generation Q”
A sequel to the groundbreaking series “The L Word,” “Generation Q” continues the story of a group of friends living in Los Angeles. The show features a diverse cast of lesbian, bisexual, and transgender characters and explores various issues relevant to the LGBTQ+ community, including relationships, parenthood, and activism. “The L Word: Generation Q” is a must-watch for fans of the original series and anyone looking for well-rounded LGBTQ+ representation on television.
3. “Gentleman Jack”
Based on the real-life diaries of 19th-century lesbian landowner Anne Lister, “Gentleman Jack” is a historical drama series set in England. The show follows Anne Lister as she navigates her relationships and attempts to claim her place in society as a lesbian. “Gentleman Jack” offers a unique and important portrayal of a lesbian character from history and sheds light on the challenges faced by queer womxn in the past.
4. “Feel Good”
“Feel Good” is a comedic-drama series that follows the life of a recovering addict and comedian named Mae, who falls in love with George, a straight woman. The show explores themes of addiction, relationships, and identity, and it offers a realistic portrayal of LGBTQ+ experiences. “Feel Good” received critical acclaim for its writing, acting, and representation of the lesbian experience.
5. “Killing Eve”
Although not strictly a lesbian series, “Killing Eve” features a complex and captivating relationship between two female characters, Eve and Villanelle. The show is a thrilling spy drama that keeps audiences on the edge of their seats, and it has been praised for its portrayal of LGBTQ+ characters in a non-exploitative and nuanced way.
No matter your taste, there are plenty of incredible series with lesbian representation to watch in 2021. These shows provide meaningful and authentic stories that deserve to be celebrated and enjoyed.
If you’re looking for lesser-known, but equally captivating lgbt+ shows to stream in 2021, here are some hidden gems worth checking out:
- “Wynonna Earp” – This action-packed series features a strong and sassy lesbian protagonist who battles supernatural forces in a small town.
- “One Mississippi” – Inspired by comedian Tig Notaro’s life, this heartfelt series follows her return to her hometown after her mother’s death and explores her journey as a lesbian in the Deep South.
- “Everything Sucks!” – Set in the 90s, this coming-of-age story revolves around a group of high school students, including a lovable lesbian character, as they navigate first loves and self-discovery.
- “Feel Good” – A semi-autobiographical series by comedian Mae Martin, “Feel Good” explores the struggles of addiction, relationships, and sexual fluidity in a hilarious and thought-provoking way.
- “Tipping the Velvet” – Based on the novel by Sarah Waters, this sumptuous period drama follows the journey of a young lesbian woman in Victorian England as she discovers her sexuality and finds love.
These hidden gems offer a diverse range of stories and characters that will keep you hooked and provide a fresh perspective on womxn-loving womxn in television. So, grab your popcorn and get ready to binge-watch!
Popular LGBT Series to Stream
Looking for some binge-worthy LGBT series to watch? Whether you’re a fan of heartwarming romance, thrilling drama, or hilarious comedy, there’s a perfect show out there for you. These womxn-loving womxn series are not only entertaining but also provide representation and visibility for the LGBT community. So grab your popcorn and get ready to stream these amazing television shows!
- Orange is the New Black: This groundbreaking series follows the lives of a diverse group of women in a minimum-security prison. With a diverse cast of LGBT characters, the show explores themes of love, friendship, and identity.
- The L Word: Considered one of the most iconic lesbian shows of all time, The L Word showcases the lives of a close-knit group of friends in West Hollywood. It delves into the complexities of relationships, sexuality, and self-discovery.
- Gentleman Jack: Based on the life of real-life historical figure Anne Lister, this period drama follows her unconventional life as a lesbian in 19th century England. With its captivating storylines and powerful performances, Gentleman Jack is a must-watch.
- One Day at a Time: This heartwarming sitcom revolves around a Cuban-American family and tackles a wide range of socio-political issues, including LGBT rights. With its diverse and lovable characters, One Day at a Time is a feel-good show that promotes inclusivity.
- Wynonna Earp: If you’re into supernatural shows with a touch of queer representation, Wynonna Earp is the perfect choice. This action-packed series follows the supernatural adventures of the great-great-granddaughter of Wyatt Earp, who battles supernatural creatures while discovering her own sexuality.
These are just a few of the many incredible LGBT series available to stream. Whether you’re looking for romance, drama, or comedy, these shows have got you covered. So grab your remote, find your favorite streaming platform, and get ready to immerse yourself in these inclusive and captivating stories!
If you’re looking for highly acclaimed shows with compelling storylines and diverse characters, these award-winning favorites are a must-watch for any LGBT+ viewer. These series have garnered critical acclaim for their representation of lesbian and womxn-loving stories, and provide a binge-worthy television experience.
- Orphan Black: This thrilling sci-fi series follows the story of Sarah Manning, who discovers she is one of many clones. The show features a complex and diverse range of characters, including the main character Sarah, who identifies as bisexual.
- The L Word: Considered a groundbreaking series, The L Word follows the lives and relationships of a group of friends in Los Angeles. This iconic show brings lesbian representation to the forefront and has received widespread praise for its authentic and nuanced storytelling.
- Orange is the New Black: This critically acclaimed series takes place in a women’s prison and features a diverse cast of characters, including lesbians and bisexuals. The show addresses important issues while also delivering compelling storylines and unforgettable characters.
- Wynonna Earp: A supernatural Western series, Wynonna Earp tells the story of the great-great-granddaughter of Wyatt Earp as she battles supernatural forces. The show includes a lesbian relationship between Waverly Earp and Officer Nicole Haught, which has become a fan-favorite aspect of the series.
- Gentleman Jack: Based on the real-life diaries of Anne Lister, Gentleman Jack is a period drama that explores the life of the trailblazing lesbian landowner in 19th century England. The show has received critical acclaim for its stellar performances and rich historical context.
These award-winning shows offer a range of genres and storylines, ensuring there is something for everyone. Whether you’re in the mood for sci-fi, drama, or historical fiction, these series provide a compelling and authentic representation of lesbian and womxn-loving experiences.
If you’re looking to binge some new and exciting series with womxn-loving storylines, you’re in luck! While there are always popular and well-known shows in the LGBTQ+ community, there are also hidden gems that deserve a watch. Here are some underrated treasures that should be on your streaming list:
1. “The L Word: Generation Q”
This reboot of the iconic “The L Word” series brings a new generation of fearless characters to the screen. Follow their lives as they navigate love, friendship, and self-discovery in modern-day Los Angeles.
2. “Gentleman Jack”
This historical drama series tells the story of Anne Lister, a real-life lesbian landowner in the 19th century. With its captivating storyline and brilliant performances, “Gentleman Jack” is a must-watch for anyone interested in LGBTQ+ history.
3. “Feel Good”
This British comedy-drama series follows the life of Mae, a non-binary comedian trying to navigate their relationship with their girlfriend and their struggles with addiction. “Feel Good” is a refreshing and honest portrayal of love and personal growth.
4. “One Day at a Time”
This beloved sitcom centers around the Alvarez family, featuring a lesbian character named Elena. “One Day at a Time” is known for its heartwarming and comedic moments, while also tackling important social issues with grace and humor.
5. “Wynonna Earp”
While not explicitly labeled as a “lesbian show,” “Wynonna Earp” has a strong and diverse cast of characters, including a same-sex relationship that is central to the storyline. This supernatural western series is filled with action, humor, and strong LGBTQ+ representation.
These underrated shows might not get as much attention as some of the more mainstream series, but they are definitely worth a watch. Their diverse storytelling, strong performances, and compelling characters make them a must-see for any fan of LGBT+ television.
So grab your snacks, get comfortable, and start streaming these hidden gems today!
Unique Womxn-Loving Womxn Series
If you’re looking for binge-worthy shows with lesbian and LGBT+ representation, there are plenty of options on television today. Here is a list of unique womxn-loving womxn series that you should watch:
- “Gentleman Jack”: This historical drama follows the life of Anne Lister, a 19th-century lesbian landowner. It explores her relationships and the challenges she faces in a time when homosexuality was taboo.
- “The L Word: Generation Q”: A sequel to the original groundbreaking series, this show continues to explore the lives and loves of a diverse group of lesbians in Los Angeles.
- “Feel Good”: This British comedy-drama follows the life of Mae, a non-binary comedian, and their complicated relationship with George, a woman struggling with addiction.
- “One Day at a Time”: Although not solely focused on womxn-loving womxn, this sitcom features a fantastic lesbian character named Elena. The show tackles important social issues with humor and heart.
- “Gentefied”: While not strictly a lesbian series, it features a queer Latinx character named Ana. This dramedy follows the lives of a Mexican-American family in Los Angeles as they navigate love, gentrification, and identity.
These shows offer diverse and authentic portrayals of lesbian and queer relationships, making them perfect additions to your watchlist.
When it comes to LGBTQ+ representation on television, there are many groundbreaking series that have paved the way for more inclusive storytelling. These shows have not only provided a platform for the lesbian community but have also helped to break down barriers and challenge stereotypes. Here are some trailblazing stories that you should stream and watch in 2021:
1. “The L Word”
This iconic show, which originally aired from 2004-2009, follows the lives and loves of a group of lesbian and bisexual women living in Los Angeles. It is often credited with bringing lesbian representation into the mainstream and remains a must-watch for any LGBT viewer.
2. “Orange Is the New Black”
While not solely focused on the lesbian community, “Orange Is the New Black” features a diverse cast of characters, many of whom identify as lesbian or bisexual. This Netflix series explores issues of love, friendship, and identity within a women’s prison setting.
3. “Gentleman Jack”
This historical drama series tells the story of Anne Lister, a 19th-century landowner and diarist who was openly lesbian at a time when same-sex relationships were far from accepted. “Gentleman Jack” is a captivating portrayal of a trailblazing woman and her relationships in a conservative society.
4. “Feel Good”
“Feel Good” is a British comedy-drama series that follows the life of Mae, a Canadian comedian navigating love, addiction, and her own sexuality. This show offers a fresh and relatable perspective on being a lesbian in the modern world.
5. “Wynonna Earp”
“Wynonna Earp” is a supernatural Western series that features a lesbian relationship between the titular character and officer Nicole Haught. Despite its fantastical setting, the show explores the complexities of love and identity in a way that resonates with many viewers.
These are just a few examples of the incredible lesbian-centered shows available for streaming in 2021. Each of these series offers unique and diverse storylines that are sure to captivate and inspire. So grab your remote, find a cozy spot, and binge-watch some of these trailblazing shows!
When it comes to lesbian television shows and series, there are a few that have stood the test of time and become true cult classics. These shows are beloved by the LGBT+ community and have a dedicated fan base that continues to grow.
|The L Word||This groundbreaking series, which originally aired from 2004 to 2009, follows a group of friends – both lesbian and bisexual – in West Hollywood. The L Word explores relationships, careers, and personal struggles, and has been praised for its authentic portrayal of lesbian culture.|
|Orphan Black||While not exclusively focused on lesbian relationships, Orphan Black features a compelling storyline with one of the main characters, Cosima, being a lesbian scientist. The show delves into the ethics of cloning and the complexities of identity.|
|Wynonna Earp||Based on the comic book series, Wynonna Earp follows the great-great-granddaughter of the legendary lawman Wyatt Earp as she battles supernatural forces. The show includes a lesbian relationship between two of the main characters, Waverly Earp and Officer Nicole Haught.|
|Orange is the New Black||Set in a women’s prison, Orange is the New Black explores the lives of inmates from different backgrounds. The show features a diverse cast of characters, including several lesbian and bisexual women, and tackles issues of race, sexuality, and social justice.|
|Gentleman Jack||Based on the real-life diaries of Anne Lister, Gentleman Jack takes place in 19th-century England and follows Lister’s quest for love and independence. The show chronicles her relationships with other women and the challenges she faces as a lesbian in a patriarchal society.|
These cult classics are not to be missed for any fan of lesbian television shows. Whether you want to watch them for the first time or revisit them, they are available to stream on various platforms. Get ready to immerse yourself in these beloved series and celebrate the diverse stories of lgbt and womxn-loving characters.
What are some top lesbian shows to watch in 2021?
Some top lesbian shows to watch in 2021 include “The L Word: Generation Q,” “Feel Good,” “Gentleman Jack,” “Wynonna Earp,” and “One Day at a Time.”
Where can I watch “The L Word: Generation Q”?
“The L Word: Generation Q” can be watched on Showtime or streaming platforms like Hulu or Amazon Prime Video.
What is “Gentleman Jack” about?
“Gentleman Jack” is a historical drama series based on the real-life story of Anne Lister, a 19th-century lesbian landowner and diarist.
Is there any romantic comedy lesbian show?
Yes, “Feel Good” is a romantic comedy series that follows the story of a comedian dealing with addiction and her complicated relationship with her girlfriend.
What genre is “Wynonna Earp”?
“Wynonna Earp” is a supernatural Western series that features a lesbian relationship between the main character, Wynonna Earp, and her love interest, Officer Nicole Haught.
Which lesbian shows released in 2021 should I watch?
There are several lesbian shows released in 2021 that are worth watching. Some popular ones include “Feel Good,” “The L Word: Generation Q,” “Gentleman Jack,” “Betty,” and “Genera+ion.” These shows explore different aspects of lesbian relationships and LGBTQ+ experiences.
What is “Feel Good” about?
“Feel Good” is a British comedy-drama series that follows the story of Mae, a comedian dealing with addiction and her romantic relationship with George, who is questioning her own sexuality. The show delves into the ups and downs of their relationship while addressing topics such as addiction, identity, and self-discovery.